Powered By Blogger

July 31, 2009

Seriously, There Ought to be a Degree for This


Thought I would share the pics of DS' new car that Grandma and I ordered for him. I tried to document this to illustrate what exactly I spent two hours on Wednesday night.

Of course, the first thing my mom does when she sees it the next morning is how she will never order anything like this offline again. Nevermind I showed her the damn thing before I ordered it. She didn't like the "animal" eyes, and she couldn't walk behind like she wanted. Whatever. It's not going back now.

Anyway...back to my original point (yes, I had one...now where did I put it? Oh, yeah...).

I think that all new parents should be granted an honorary degree in engineering after completing X number of items assembled. Play yards, swings, bikes, highchair, misc. toys...I mean, c'mon. Have you seen some of these things out of the box? Oh, my heavens. The one I regret not documenting was this kitchen that my DH knocked over forty people to get at a Black Friday sale (OK, not really). The thing was in, literally, a thousand pieces with foreign instructions. No words, all pictures, and not very good ones at that. Do these people stay up nights thinking of how to screw with us?

I'm just thinking that, for all the aggravation, we could get some compensation, y'know? I'd settle for a blurb on my resume.




No comments:

Post a Comment