Powered By Blogger

July 26, 2009

The Lost Weekend


OK - So tomorrow's a day late. Better than a dollar short, I guess. :-) I will get into the swing of things, eventually.

I am calling this my "lost weekend" but I let my diet slide a bit, but I feel much better because of it. I have PCOS with insulin resistance, so dieting for me is more of a challenge it is for most people. My body fights like hell to resist any changes I make.

I was listening to the Eat This, Not That guy on the Today Show yesterday. Just by making this little changes (ha!) I could lose 18 lbs in 6 months. Yeah, OK. I didn't eat half the crap he showed (although sesame chicken is a favorite, but I don't buy it often). I know that it's just representative, but stuff like that grates me.

Then I watch this show on the We network called I Want To Save Your Life (or as I read it in my mind, I Vant to Suck Your Blood...I've got to get off of this vampire kick...)

Anyway, this dude is a "diet detective" and "lives" with a person for a week analyzing their issues and obstacles to weight loss. Sounds great, right? As with most "reality" shows, it's deliciously cheesy.

The problem that I have is that none of these shows really address people's real problems. More accurately, they don't address any of my problems. Like my bean-pole mother, who causes so much anxiety in me, it's unreal. Working full time at a job that also causes additional stress. Being too exhausted from my schedule and my weight to eat much of anything, let alone stuff that I have to actually cook.

I guess if they did, they wouldn't attract many followers - everyone would be so depressed that they'd eat. So, that would kind of backfire.

I think I hear some cookies calling me...I will try to pretend that they have the wrong number.

P.S. For you fellow Twi-Hards...I present for your viewing - http://www.twilightgoogle.com/

1 comment:

  1. I think you are beautiful! You have beaurtiful kids and a great sense of humor! I just wanted to let you know that when I look at your pics, I see a beautiful woman warrior! I too suffer from PCOS and am ttc #1...Hang in their! :)

    ReplyDelete