Powered By Blogger

June 12, 2009

Men & Morning Chores


OK. What is it about men & chores anyway? What about their makeup makes them think that it's somebody else's job (namely, mine)?

Don't get me wrong -- my DH is great. He gets up with the kids on the weekend and let's me sleep. However, after he feeds them and himself (not always in that order), he goes off to play his video game. Well, he's still in the same room with them, with Noggin on the telly, but he's checked out.

Nevermind the dishwasher full of clean dishes that don't put away themselves. The countertops covered in sugar and god knows what else. No, that is waiting for me, along with my son's poopy diaper, which for some reason, he cannot smell. All before my coffee. Lucky me.

I'm not pregnant, but I swear that I suffer from Morning Sickness. {Gag!}

I tell him, "Work before play, junior! Dishes don't put away themselves!" This, as usual, falls on semi-deaf ears. I say "semi-deaf" because he responds, "Honey, I was gonna do it..."

Uh-huh.

However, that brings up another question - what is it about my genetic makeup that forces me to do all this crap first thing? It's like, I can't relax and have my all-important cup o' joe until all this crap is cleaned up, put away, and taken care of. I can barely function yet I am awake enough to know this.

Someone should just invent a dishwasher that empties its damn self and then I wouldn't have this problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment